Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trying to figure out how to post pictures hasn't been that easy, but now I'm linked up with Flickr. Posted a bunch of pictures and wrote in Swedish, so here comes some comments in English.

This last weekend we had a snowstorm here in Minnesota. Got close to 20 inches, a lot to shovel. Luckily, we had a thaw last week that cleared some space for the new snow. After shoveling, my son and I made hot chocolate, which we deserved after the hard work.

There is also a picture of me with my newly finished swing coat on. I knitted it with my handspun yarn and I am mighty proud.

During the weekend, I also made saft (a kind of fruit punch) from black currents that I picked last summer. Full of vitamin C, good this time of year. I also dyed some wool that I spun into a skein of colorful yarn. And there is a picture of my sons mittens, made in a technique called thrummed. You knit in tufts of loose wool (the grey) that forms a fluffy layer on the inside. Extremely warm and cosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment